Take advantage of video’s remarkable ability to add value to your marketing program. Here’s how to ensure that videos will gain the positive attention that helps set your organization apart from the competition.
- Display your brand logo occasionally throughout the video to help build recognition.
- Offer both low- and high-resolution options to accommodate different connection speeds.
- Select content with a tactical perspective.
- Experiment with different media types.
- Break longer videos into segments with the ability to move from one section to the next and to jump between sections.
- Connect people to more in-depth print and online information.
- Include rich media video with direct mail packages for added lift.
- Invest more in videos that will serve multiple purposes and have a longer life.
- Assume that everyone has the video player you choose—offer a link to a free download.
- Forget that relevance rules in keeping peoples’ attention.
- Overlook the value of a DVD to support your online strategy.
- Use homegrown videos for corporate branding purposes or with sophisticated audiences that expect more.
- Hesitate to use homegrown video for a product, service or event that has a short timeline and lower ROI potential.
- Neglect to post your videos to YouTube and other video sharing sites in addition to your company’s website.
- Fail to take advantage of the many free and low-cost video publishing, editing and post-production services that are available online.
- Make excuses for not creating videos—go out and do it.
By Larry Bauer